Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year! (I'm Going Nuts....Shhh)

Let's party, Cousins!!!!
 You know you are going quietly insane when you start playing the ukulele and singing to a 100-year-old, mummified seal.

(This may or may not have happened to me today).

I blame this continent for my eccentric behavior. Antarctica has given me permanent brain freeze.

I do things here I would NEVER do back home. I write poetry. I read philosophy books. I crave solitude. I hang crappy, self-made art on my walls. I make clunky jewelry out of re-purposed materials. I walk around in my bare feet and wear shorts when it's 30 degrees outside. I avoid showering.

I'm turning into a freakin' hippie, and I need your prayers for a swift recovery.

Ohh....and apparently I am also a song-writer down here....

I wrote this song to be set to the tune of What Child Is This....AKA, Greensleeves.

(I plan on playing my ukulele and singing this song to a nearby seal colony at the stroke of midnight).

This, This Is Antarctica!
I wandered high, and I wandered low
I wandered down to the South Pole
I thought my dreams would come true down here
Oh Happy Freakin’ New Year
            This, this is Antarctica!
Where life is hardly exotica
Please, please remember me
Your frozen, lonely Kelly
The sun shines high up in the sky
My skin is as dry as a mummy’s eye
I miss green trees. I miss babies
I want one ripe avocado, Please
            This, this is Antarctica!
            But it might as well be Spartica
            Where is Kelly? She has not been seen
In the year of two thousand sixteen
The penguins here are so cute and so dear
The fat seals cry Happy New Year!
Lord, what do you have planned for me?
Oh please dont turn me into a hippie
This, this is Antarctica!
Where life is rarely exotica
Please do not forget about me
The frozen, crazy Kelly

Happy 2016!!!

6 comments:

  1. I may have been drinking, but I think you are awesome. Truly, truly, awesome. Look for me at Ice Stock where I will supply you with the High 5 to end all High 5's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...were you one of the crazy mosh pit dudes that knocked me on the ground and spilled my drink?....best High 5 ever! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Nope, I was the one who participated sparingly in Ice Stock in an effort to recover from the previous night. That actually sounds like a really awful High 5 by the way. I think we have very different views of acceptable High 5 protocol.I would have been the one picking you up had I seen that however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was being facetious. It was the worst High 5 ever....Ice Stock is a Darwinian jungle so you didn't miss much!

      Delete
  3. Yes....I realize...I was joking....Nice word drop however...Also, great observation on Darwinism. I often look at the differences in beard length and think of the evolution of man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Just wait for Moustache Roulette next weekend!

      Delete